Welcome to the U.S.-German Summer Law School
20 July 2020 - 31 July 2020
Armed Conflicts, State of Emergency, Crises: International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law
The Faculty of Law at Justus Liebig University Giessen and the University of Wisconsin Law School are looking forward to host students from all over the world for the 12th U.S.-German Summer Law School in Giessen. By reason of COVID-19 we decided not to host an on-campus program this year, but to take the opportunity of offering a brand-new, student-tailored, high-quality online program. During the two week long online course, students will study from home and meet excellent lecturers and practitioners from all over the world in their online courses. Besides, students have the opportunity to get to know their classmates from all over the world and become friends for a lifetime. Even if COVID-19 makes a lot of things difficult this year, we don’t want to let it get us down but spend two amazing weeks together, with lots of unforgettable experiences, amazing people, interesting lectures and great memories, you will cherish forever.
- Program Date: July 19th - July 31st, 2020
- Length: 2 weeks
- Credits: 2 ECTS credits per course for successfully passing the academic program + 1 ECTS credit for the successful participation in the optional German language courses
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Human Rights Law
Courses will take place from Monday to Friday, for 90 minutes each. An optional German language course on beginner’s level is also offered for free.
- 100 EURO for one course
- For both courses: 150 EURO
- The price includes all course materials and a supplementary reading list.
Course description, course hours, etc. tba soon. You will find all information on the index tabs on the right side.